Projects: On the Anvil | Past
The Activities/Projects at the Center
1. Conquest - The flagship event of the Center, its an International Business Challenge with a strong mentoring and post-competition support ecosystem
2. Epsilon- Its an intra-BITS business challenge that we started last sem. We had a Business Plan Workshop (BPW) designed and conducted by a team here as a part of epsilon after which they were shortlisted for mentoring based on their ex-sums. The BPW team has done a wonderful job, with several plans generated making it to the finals of other national b-plan competitions already. The winner of Epsilon gets a direct entry to Conquest.
3. SparkS - This is a new initiative we started this sem, supported by Anurag Jain. SparkS aims to provide a platform for students to validate the potential of their ideas and work on developing them into products which can be of value to the industry. We invite project proposals from students which will be evaluated and funded in stages. Once developed, we also plan to help the team in getting the idea executed either as a startup of their own or if they want to sell the IP of the same.
4. Parampara - We have a small team leading a cooperative of 21 women that has been setup in a village called Garinda. They call themselves the Saraswati Cooperative and currently manufacture paper bags which are being used by Akshay. We have been working out a business model for them & the team is currently looking at ways to make them self-sustaining.
5. Pulse - An Intra-BITS Newsletter.The newsletter aims at providing a peek into the vast and interesting world of entrepreneurship. It also acts as a medium for CEL to spread awareness about its activities.
6. Stimulus - Its a business simulation software which is being developed by the team. The beta version had a market simulation in which teams compete with each other in a virtual product market. Stimulus Beta was based on the mobile phones market & had 150+ teams participating. The team is currently focusing in making the game more realistic.
7. Case Study - We have started on with a case study on Mobile Medics which won conquest 2k5 & are currently being incubated at TBI. They plan to offer cost effective and good quality healthcare to rural masses. The focus of our case is on "Penetrating the bottom of the pyramid" & we are also looking closely on issues related to a startup immediately after graduation and the evolution of an idea to a business.We will be taking up external companies from february 2nd week by when we plan to finish this pilot case.
8. In the Zone - A Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneurial Soul. We plan to bring out a short book of around 200 pages with essays from the big shots in various fields. These 500-1000 word essays are going to be based on personal experiences only & is expected to be inspirational as well as conveying some insight into various aspects of starting & running a company.
Projects: On the Anvil | Past